I present to my readers an interview with C. Lloyd Brill!
1. What genre are your books?
I write Science Fiction and Fantasy.
2. What draws you to this genre?
I love the technology and magic in those genres.
3. What project are you working on at the moment?
I’m currently working on a fantasy novel with the working title of Power Possessed.
4. What’s it about?
Brenna is a fourteen year old girl in a magic academy. She’s having trouble with her studies and she’s worried about getting kicked out of the school. Out of desperation, she summons a demon in the hopes of having it help her learn magic. She has to try to pass her classes, deal with another student who is bullying her, and try to maintain control of the demon possessing her.
5. Have you written anything else?
I have two fantasy novels in revision and I have a self-published sci-fi novel, as well as an urban fantasy short story published in an anthology and a sci-fi horror short story submitted to another anthology.
6. What are your ambitions for your writing career?
I’d be happy if people can at least say, “I’ve heard of him.”
7. Which writers inspire you?
Piers Anthony and Terry Brooks.
8. When did you decide to become a writer? Why do you write?
I’ve been writing for fun since I was young. I didn’t start writing for publication until November of 2013 when I decided to give NaNoWriMo a try.
9. Do you have a special time or place to write?
Not yet. Someday I hope to earn enough money to buy a house with room for me to set up my private office.
10. Where do you get your inspiration?
Roleplaying games and images I see online are my primary source for story ideas. I see something and use “What if” questions to twist it into something I’d enjoy writing about.
11. Do you work on an outline or do you prefer to see where the idea takes you?
I really don’t know how to outline. I prefer to start with a basic idea and develop the characters I need to get the story started, then I just write and see where the characters take it.
12. Do you ever get writer’s block? How do you overcome it?
Yes, I do. I’ll usually read a book or watch TV to try to clear my mind. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try writing something else.
13. What is the hardest thing for you about writing?
Forcing myself to sit down to write is the hardest thing for me.
14. How do you market your books? Why did you choose this route?
I primarily post my book on promotion threads on Facebook. I do that because I’m still not sure how to market my books.
15. How much research do you do?
I usually don’t do a lot of research. Most of what I write is pretty straight forward and I can make it up as I go.
16. Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
I use my computer to write.
17. What are some of your favorite books/authors?
The Bio of a Space Tyrant series, The Incarnations of Immortality series, both by Piers Anthony, and the Shanarra series by Terry Brooks are the books I always go back to when I want a good read.
18. Are you currently reading any books?
I’m currently reading The Dragonscale by J.E. Feldman.
19. How can readers discover more about you and your work?
Readers can take a look at my author page on Facebook. I post updates on my works there.
Book Links: http://amzn.to/1h4fIPz
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/C-Lloyd-Brill/e/B00IKGDPF8/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0