Please welcome Author Sydnie Beaupre!
- What genre are your books? Young adult, mostly dystopian, fantasy, and paranormal.
2. What draws you to this genre? It’s the genre I most like to read.
3. What project are you working on at the moment? I’m working on at least seven projects, the sequel to my novel Dark One is the one that I’m concentrating on the most. It’s called Exodus. The story I’ve written for this anthology is going to be kept a secret! But I will say that it is pretty magical.
4. What’s it about? Exodus is about fallen angels, curses, forbidden love, and a battle between good and evil. The story for this anthology is about…well, it’s about betrayal of course!
5. Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is special? The main character of my book Exodus is named Khiara. She was born with the purest soul on earth, and is the harbinger of a great battle between the dark and light sides of the fallen angels on earth. She’s special, because when she was born, she was also cursed because of her parents’ foolishness, and that has an effect on her destiny.
6. Have you written anything else? I have written a few novellas that act as prequels to my novel, Dark One. I’ve also written a few short stories, one of which is in an anthology called Forgotten Places and the proceeds all go to Saint Jude’s children’s research hospital. I wrote a children’s book called The Pillowcase Prince, and the proceeds to that all go to Canada Food Banks.
- What are your ambitions for your writing career? I’d like to get as many people to read my works as possible. I don’t care about making money as much as I care about sharing my stories.
8. Which writers inspire you? Indie authors everywhere inspire me, and I really can’t name all of them!
9. When did you decide to become a writer? Why do you write? I don’t ever remember deciding to become a writer, to be honest. I just always knew I would be one. I write because to me, it’s like breathing.
10. Do you have a special time or place to write? All of the time, every day; always.
11. Where do you get your inspiration? From every day life mostly, and sometimes my dreams.
12. Do you work on an outline or do you prefer to see where the idea takes you? I do whatever feels comfortable, so sometimes I outline but sometimes I just go with it. I usually know how it’s going to end though.
13. Do you ever get writer’s block? How do you overcome it? Nope, I haven’t experienced it yet.
14. What is the hardest thing for you about writing? Killing off characters! It kills me a little to kill off a character.
15. How do you market your books? Why did you choose this route? I use Facebook, public boards in my community, and word of mouth. I think these are the best ways to get noticed because having only one way to market your books really limits you. This way, I can have an expanded and diverse audience from all over.
16. How much research do you do? I do SO much research, it’s not even funny. It takes a lot of time and effort, but it’s absolutely worth it to have a book that is as realistic as its universe allows.
17. Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand? Computer, all the way. I’m disabled (I have fine motor problems) and it’s just easier for me to type on a computer. I do, however, appreciate the time it takes to write by hand – especially lately because I’ve been having to write exams all by hand.
18. What are some of your favorite books/authors? Tahereh Mafi, Patrick Rothfuss, John Gregory Hancock, Casey Hayes, Mary Shelly, just to name a few 😉
19. Are you currently reading any books? Oh goodness, I’m reading 52 books currently. One of which is by Gena Showalter, Firstlife.
20. How can readers discover more about you and your work? They can contact me on my social media!
Website: www.sydniebeaupre.com Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SydnieBeaupreBooks Twitter: https://twitter.com/authorsydnieb
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Sydnie-Beaupr%C3%A9/e/B00J7UFFUO/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1458317442&sr=8-1
Book Links: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-One-Sorrow-Khiara-Banning-ebook/dp/B010JSKTG2/ref=la_B00J7UFFUO_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1435534513&sr=1-7
http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Places-Josh-Walker/dp/1944621016/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 http://www.amazon.com/Pillowcase-Prince-Sydnie-Beaupr%C3%A9/dp/1518730698/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7008747.Sydnie_Beaupr_